Sep 23, 2015

The clock ticks on without me

Being in this isolated bubble on my retreat, I'm losing all track of time. Not that I can't tell when it's day or night, morning or dusk. It's just that I don't have a connection to any schedule so I've broken free of the whirring of the clock.


After 2 days of struggling to find a new plot line for an episode, I started writing it all out yesterday. In between I ate, wrote, took a nap, wrote, struggled with words and ideas and went to bed around 10 after a nice chat with my wife. I was up again by 2am reassembling chapters and creating storyboards to pace the plot. By 4 I was ready to sleep and then up again at 8. I have a writer's group meeting with 2 of my students at 10 and then I'm clock free for another 24 hours. I haven't left the building in about 40 hours.

I'll go for a nice walk today and maybe have lunch at the local restaurant, which I hear is terrific. Then I'll settle back in to my rooms to rattle around with my thoughts for who knows how long. Speaking of which....I better get downstairs. My students will be here any minute and I shouldn't be late!

No comments:

Post a Comment