Sep 17, 2015

Artist-in-Residence for 2 weeks!

I'm headed off on an adventure tomorrow to spend two weeks as "artist in residence" at the Ames library in Easton, Massachusetts. I'm not taking a car so I'll be isolated in the north end of town without a lot of the usual amenities around. Doesn't bother me. I don't leave the house for days as it is.

I'll be hosting a daily creative writing group and working entirely on my book (no flutes, no chasing, no dogs, no pub trivia...) the rest of the time. Working with new writers is a mixed bag. It's not that the writing or ideas are good or bad. The problems run deepest when a writer can't take constructive criticism or want to change anything they've written. Since nine tenths of writing is rewriting, that can be a problem.

Wish me luck! I'll send notes from the road.
Cool house I get to stay in.

No comments:

Post a Comment